Treat your King or Queen this Valentine’s day Posted On 12 February 2021
Treat your partner with this spectacular Valentine’s dinner, perfect for a romantic night in!
Make Valentine’s day extra special with our gorgeous menu featuring a delightful starter, an impressive main course and a sumptious dessert.
Starter – Really easy cheese fondue
- 125ml white wine
- 450g gruyère, grated
- 450g cheddar, grated
- 50ml kirsch
- 1 heaped tsp cornflour
- small baguette , torn into chunks, to serve
- Heat the wine in a heavy-based saucepan, then add the cheese, a handful at a time, and keep stirring. When all the cheese has melted, add the kirsch, followed by the cornflour, stirring until completely smooth.
- Serve the pan in the middle of the table on a wooden board with the chunks of baguette for dipping.
Main Course – Steaks with goulash & sweet potato fries
- Heat oven to 240C/220C fan/gas 7 and put a wire rack on top of a baking tray. Toss the sweet potatoes and thyme with 2 tsp oil in a bowl, then scatter them over the rack and set aside until ready to cook.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions, cover the pan and leave to cook for 5 mins. Take off the lid and stir – they should be a little charred now. Stir in the green pepper and garlic, cover the pan and cook for 5 mins more. Put the potatoes in the oven and bake for 15 mins.
- While the potatoes are cooking, stir the paprika into the onions and peppers, pour in 150ml water and stir in the cherry tomatoes, tomato purée and bouillon. Cover and simmer for 10 mins.
- Pan-fry the steak in a hot, non-stick pan for 2-3 mins each side depending on their thickness. Rest for 5 mins. Spoon the goulash sauce onto plates and top with the beef. Serve the chips and spinach alongside.
Recipes from www.bbcgoodfood.co.uk